Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Can referrer value be overwrittten?

Level 6

Hi!

Since we are having a lot of problems with the referrer report dealing with blank values, we want to override the referrer value in our GTM: whenever there is no referrer, we write a String value.

However it doesn't show up in referrer report. Is referrer report only accepting blank or URLs?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes, spaces and other non-URL characters will be removed if they are set in the variable.

Had an issue where I noticed this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

If you're using an s_code implementation, s.referrer would be the variable you'd want to overwrite to ensure it is populated.

Level 6

Unfortunately we don't, we create the imag tags by ourselves and send them to adobe. We tried to overwrite the "r=" parameter with a string (not an URL), but it won't populate the reports. So my assumption is that the value must have the structure an URL?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes, spaces and other non-URL characters will be removed if they are set in the variable.

Had an issue where I noticed this.