Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

can I track without using 5 event variables?

Level 2

Please look at below and let me know your inputs. I want to understand if there is a better way to do this(viz can I track without using 5 event variables?):

Business Requirement: Scroll points of 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% will be captured by specific page name, etc.

Design

prop 71

eVar72

eVar73

eVar74

% scrolled

Instance

page url/name

viewport

viewport

Event5

baseline

a

small

240 x 320

event 1

25%

b

large

241 x 320

event 2

50%

c

242 x 320

event 3

75%

d

720 x 1280

event 4

100%

e

1280 x 800

*eVar to expire on page view

Please look at below and let me know your inputs. I want to understand if there is a better way to do this(viz can I track without using 5 event variables?):

Business Requirement: Scroll points of 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% will be captured by specific page name, etc.

Design

prop 71

eVar72

eVar73

eVar74

% scrolled

Instance

page url/name

viewport

viewport

Event5

baseline

a

small

240 x 320

event 1

25%

b

large

241 x 320

event 2

50%

c

242 x 320

event 3

75%

d

720 x 1280

event 4

100%

e

1280 x 800

*eVar to expire on page view

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Sumit,

If and only if the values are sent in the same image request, then I will advise you to concatenate the values in one eVar with a specific separator like a pipe "|". Then you need to create a classification for the specific eVar. The last step will be to create rule bulider classification rule based on a regex.

Example of regex : ^(.+)\|(.+)\|(.+)$

If you send value 11111|aaaaaa|bbbbb

You ill have :

$0    11111|aaaaaa|bbbbb

$1    11111

$2    aaaaaa

$3    bbbbb

So just put the right dollar number fr the specified report : http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/reference/classification_rule_definitions.html

After you can send one event only and segment on the right value, or use instances as you make it expire on pageviews, so no persisting values after the pageview.

Let me know if you have any question.

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Sumit,

If and only if the values are sent in the same image request, then I will advise you to concatenate the values in one eVar with a specific separator like a pipe "|". Then you need to create a classification for the specific eVar. The last step will be to create rule bulider classification rule based on a regex.

Example of regex : ^(.+)\|(.+)\|(.+)$

If you send value 11111|aaaaaa|bbbbb

You ill have :

$0    11111|aaaaaa|bbbbb

$1    11111

$2    aaaaaa

$3    bbbbb

So just put the right dollar number fr the specified report : http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/reference/classification_rule_definitions.html

After you can send one event only and segment on the right value, or use instances as you make it expire on pageviews, so no persisting values after the pageview.

Let me know if you have any question.

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes