Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Campaign classification

Level 2

Hi:

I put these query string ?cid=[campaignid]:ch=[channelvalue] in url, and created classification rules for channel value, ex. contains ch=eid, classified as email

however, in my tracking code reporting, i am seeing [campaignid]:ch, everything after ch were not captured.

(However, i run the test rule sets in classification builder and it shows correct)

anyone know what should be the right query string to capture everything into cid?

would ?cid=[campaignid]:[channel value] works?

Thanks

Jane

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

yes, it looks as the character = within the campaign tracking code does not work on the URL. I assume that the = is a reserved character and therefore you don't receive any characters afterwards.

the idea using a : as delimeter is what we are doing right now. but it is not perfect since some browsers seems to break on this special character (and thus encoding it). best would be to use a safe character such as - or _ but you need to make sure that the other values do not contain this character!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Jane,

Can you share over some screenshots of how you have Rule Builder set up as well as any regular expressions that you are using? This will make it easier for us to help you.

Should be an easy fix

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

yes, it looks as the character = within the campaign tracking code does not work on the URL. I assume that the = is a reserved character and therefore you don't receive any characters afterwards.

the idea using a : as delimeter is what we are doing right now. but it is not perfect since some browsers seems to break on this special character (and thus encoding it). best would be to use a safe character such as - or _ but you need to make sure that the other values do not contain this character!