Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Calculated Metrics Manager - No longer supports Daily Unique Visitors Metric - June 2015

Level 2

Just a heads up to all my friends who found their calculated metrics stopped working from the June 2015 release.  A undocumented feature (verified by Customer Care) is that the Calculated Metrics Manager no longer support the Daily Unique Visitor (Even though the interface allows you to select that metric).  To fix this you have to change all your calculations to use unique visitors.  I'm guessing that the data is the same...but unfortunately I don't have the ability to compare the old with the new.  Can anyone verify that the data is the same?  If it is the same, it would have been nice if they would have converted the metrics automatically.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Some of the questions regarding the new calculated metrics are answered in the FAQ here - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/analytics/calcmetrics/cm_transition.html

Calculated metrics based on Unique Visitor metrics will be visible in the following Analytics components: Reports & analytics, Report Builder, and Reporting API.

However, these metrics will not be supported in the following components: Segments, Analysis Workspace, Real-Time reports, Anomaly Detection, and Contribution Analysis. When you create or edit a calculated metric based on Unique Visitors metrics, you will see a compatibility warning that the metric is not compatible with certain areas of the product.

You use an base Unique Visitor metric on a report with a segment. You can create a Calculated Metric based on a Unique Visitor metric; however, that calculated metric cannot be applied to a report with a segment, nor can that calculated metric have a segment embedded in it.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

TM

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Some of the questions regarding the new calculated metrics are answered in the FAQ here - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/analytics/calcmetrics/cm_transition.html

Calculated metrics based on Unique Visitor metrics will be visible in the following Analytics components: Reports & analytics, Report Builder, and Reporting API.

However, these metrics will not be supported in the following components: Segments, Analysis Workspace, Real-Time reports, Anomaly Detection, and Contribution Analysis. When you create or edit a calculated metric based on Unique Visitors metrics, you will see a compatibility warning that the metric is not compatible with certain areas of the product.

You use an base Unique Visitor metric on a report with a segment. You can create a Calculated Metric based on a Unique Visitor metric; however, that calculated metric cannot be applied to a report with a segment, nor can that calculated metric have a segment embedded in it.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

TM