Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Bringing in WordPress Site Data and Separating it Adobe Analytics

Level 1

I started working for a company that has one WordPress Instance, but 3 different blogs within that instance. They all have the same beginning site address, so when I go to Adobe Analytics it is bringing in all 3 blogs' content into my reports. Is there a way to separate these out, so I can look at the data from each of these blogs separately that is not a manual process like I have been doing?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ok then I have a relative easy route. Will take an upload from time to time but will be super powerful to allow content grouping and reporting.

Make a SAINT classification for each pagname.

You can create multiple sub categories to give you dynamic levels of reporting. You just need to define them in a meaning full way and this will then allow you to report by section .

pagename will bey key.

Then you can create several groups under:

Imagine like a newspaper:

Section | sub section1 | sub section 2

Sports | Baseball | team1

Sports | Baseball | team2

Life | home | design

etc...

Now you can report by any of the sections, sub section, sub section1 etc.

All it takes is once a month you upload new ones. The cool part if any pages change SAINT will allow you adjust as needed as well as adding new ones. Also allows for segments if needed.

GLTU

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

If the urls have distinct bases you have 2 options.

create a segment for each

create a virtual report suite for each.

Once segments or report suites are built the only thing to watch out for is if base urls change.

Level 1

I have been trying to create a segment for each, but cannot find a way to differentiate the content since they all use the same base URL, and do not have access to the virtual report suite, so am stuck. Should I add a shortcode in each permalink of each blog story? 

For example, each blog story link is: sites.company.com/lifeatcompany/2022/04/14/title-of-blog-story

Should I just add a shortcode so I can identify the content being published on these blogs, like,  "lac", "pb", "dlp" after the date to differentiate the blogs and then create a segment? 

I just don't know any other way to separate the blog stories being published on each of these blogs in the segment.

Community Advisor

ok i have a better idea...

since some of urls share base name....

Do you get a unique page name for each page you are interested in?

Im assuming you will have some new pages each month... correct? Will content type change often of once a biz blog page always a biz blog page?

Level 1

Yes, each page has a unique page name. That is how I have been pulling them in manually into the reporting dashboards I built out. And yes, new content is added each month, about 12-20 new posts a month. And the content type will stay the same.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ok then I have a relative easy route. Will take an upload from time to time but will be super powerful to allow content grouping and reporting.

Make a SAINT classification for each pagname.

You can create multiple sub categories to give you dynamic levels of reporting. You just need to define them in a meaning full way and this will then allow you to report by section .

pagename will bey key.

Then you can create several groups under:

Imagine like a newspaper:

Section | sub section1 | sub section 2

Sports | Baseball | team1

Sports | Baseball | team2

Life | home | design

etc...

Now you can report by any of the sections, sub section, sub section1 etc.

All it takes is once a month you upload new ones. The cool part if any pages change SAINT will allow you adjust as needed as well as adding new ones. Also allows for segments if needed.

GLTU

Community Advisor

If there are already Virtual Report Suites for each blog, then I suggest that you ask your client's Adobe admin to grant you access to those VRSes, instead of stumbling around by yourself.

Level 1

I will check to see if they can give me access, that seems to be the best route so far.

Level 1

In WordPress I tag each of the pages I build. Is there a way to create a segment based on the tags I am using in WordPress? Does that information come over?