Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Best way to extract data from path flows

Level 1

What is the best way to extract path diagram data? 

I am currently expanding items 1 by 1 (there are more than 1 mil items to expand), and exporting these to CSV. Are there any faster way, especially once I've drawn the relevant metrics/ dimensions?

EDITED:

To elaborate, eg., a path flow has 1,000++ items on one of the Page columns - at the bottom of the Page column, I would need to click on "1,000+ more" continuously to view full list, then export it as CSV, and change filename to .xlsx to run it in Excel. Upon which, data warehousing is not uniformed in any given spreadsheet (Excel, Power BI). But that's a story for another time.

Is there a way to export all data, even without clicking the "1,000+ more" expansion in the above scenario?

- thank you -

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @jocelynn5595058 

Try to create "Report Builder Request (In Excel)" with following process.

Option 1:

Step 1 : Create Page Path query for Page > Level1 Pages (Give limit 1000+) (Report Builder has restriction of maximum 50000 rows)

Step 2: Create dependent Page Path query for with above 1000+ rows as reference to Level2 Pages

Option2:

Create Page path query for Page > Level1 pages (All Pages) > level2 pages (All Pages) then give maximum limit 50000.

You will get the page flow as Page > Level1 Pages > Level2 Pages

Regards

Ashok

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 6
Could you explain the request in detail?

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @jocelynn5595058 

Try to create "Report Builder Request (In Excel)" with following process.

Option 1:

Step 1 : Create Page Path query for Page > Level1 Pages (Give limit 1000+) (Report Builder has restriction of maximum 50000 rows)

Step 2: Create dependent Page Path query for with above 1000+ rows as reference to Level2 Pages

Option2:

Create Page path query for Page > Level1 pages (All Pages) > level2 pages (All Pages) then give maximum limit 50000.

You will get the page flow as Page > Level1 Pages > Level2 Pages

Regards

Ashok