Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

best way of pulling Adobe Analytics data using python..?

Level 1

I am looking for best approach to pull data on daily basis. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @rajesh1991 ,

Firstly, you should review the link here on exporting data from Adobe.

It depends on what type of data you need. If you need hit-level data, the only way to export it will be using Data Feeds.

If you don't mind aggregated data, you can try API or Data Warehouse reports.

API is more convenient and you are likely to find a python wrapper for them, plus you can use all segments.

However, there are additional fields available for Data Warehouse, and it allows you to avoid low-traffic constraints, but not all segments can be applied before the export.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 3

Hi @rajesh1991,

Best way is to use Adobe API 2.0 to fetch daily reports using Python and for make this process easy and user friendly you can use Adobe Firefly to create UI.

Refer the below documents:-

AA API 2.0 -https://github.com/AdobeDocs/analytics-2.0-apis

Adobe FireFly - https://github.com/AdobeDocs/project-firefly 

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @rajesh1991 ,

Firstly, you should review the link here on exporting data from Adobe.

It depends on what type of data you need. If you need hit-level data, the only way to export it will be using Data Feeds.

If you don't mind aggregated data, you can try API or Data Warehouse reports.

API is more convenient and you are likely to find a python wrapper for them, plus you can use all segments.

However, there are additional fields available for Data Warehouse, and it allows you to avoid low-traffic constraints, but not all segments can be applied before the export.

Level 1
@Jacob-DDdev I am planning to pull Custom events or entities data separately into my system.

Level 6
Hi @rajesh1991 , each of these methods will allow you to capture custom events, but it depends on the granularity of the data and whether or not it should already be aggregated.

Level 1
@Jacob-DDdev I am using JWT Service account auth to access AA data, do we have any Curl/Postman examples to get JWT token using private key , I have to do automate process in python.

Level 6
Hi @rajesh1991 , the last time I went through Adobe's documentation, I didn't see anything that they provided, and I woud up writing my own python script for generating a new access token. The key components are importing the "jwt" module and when you're ready to sign your authentication claims with "jwt.encode" specify the algorithm as 'RS256', and decode the autorization token with 'utf-8'.