Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Average time spent on Page

Level 4

Hi everyone,

I want to create a calculated Average Time spent on Page metric. 

I was thinking something along the lines of;

([Total Seconds Spent] / ([Page Views] - [Bounces])

Has anyone made this before? Would it be a good idea to also factor in Exits?

Thanks

Toby

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Toby, 

Average time spent on page already exists as a metric in Adobe Analytics. If it does not show up in the report you are trying to add it to, that means it is incompatible with that report. According to your definition that would give you average time spent per page view. Thanks!

Tanmay

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Toby, 

Average time spent on page already exists as a metric in Adobe Analytics. If it does not show up in the report you are trying to add it to, that means it is incompatible with that report. According to your definition that would give you average time spent per page view. Thanks!

Tanmay

Level 4

Thanks Tanmay,

I am trying to create this metric so that it can work with an eVar. I have an eVar set to hit that changes on each page view. I want to show an average time on each page view where this eVar is present, in a similar way to average time spent on page. So the report would look like:

eVar 1:     Page Views    Average Time on page

eVar 2:     Page Views    Average Time on page

eVar 3:     Page Views    Average Time on page

This is the best solution I could find, just wondered if anyone could see any particular issues

Toby