Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Average Number of Days in a Month a Segment of Visitors Visits

Level 2

Hi,

I have a segment of visitors, let's call them "subscribers".

I want to know how many distinct days in a month on average this segment of visitors visits my site.

Sounds fairly simple in my head but can't quite figure it out!

Thanks,

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Do you capture the timestamp in a dimension? If you do, and that timestamp contains the date, then you may be able to create a calculated metric using approximate count distinct. Note that you can use approximate count distinct with a classification of the timestamp dimension, which you'd likely need to do in order to isolate the "day" component. For example, create a "Day Number" classification to extract "05" from "2021.05.26".

This won't give you an average outright, but you can use it on a table with, say, Month on the y-axis to see a trend over time. 

Depending on how many customers you have in this segment, it's distinctly possible that they show up every day of the month.

Since I haven't done this before, I'm working on this using my own data to see if it actually works as expected.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 6

Hello Alex,

Using Calculated Metrics we can calculate the Average Subscribers based on number of days in the below sample (we have used Unique Visitors instead of Subscribers)

Example: In Calculated metric we have used the function Approximate Count Distinct to calculate the number of Days, then we have divied the Unique Visitors (you can use your subscribers metric here) data with that function result.

ashokkumarm_0-1622036361270.png

Hope the above answer will helps you..!

Thanks

Ashok

Level 2
Thanks but wouldn't that just give me the unique visitors per day? Rather than the average number of days in a month they visited?

Correct answer by
Level 5

Do you capture the timestamp in a dimension? If you do, and that timestamp contains the date, then you may be able to create a calculated metric using approximate count distinct. Note that you can use approximate count distinct with a classification of the timestamp dimension, which you'd likely need to do in order to isolate the "day" component. For example, create a "Day Number" classification to extract "05" from "2021.05.26".

This won't give you an average outright, but you can use it on a table with, say, Month on the y-axis to see a trend over time. 

Depending on how many customers you have in this segment, it's distinctly possible that they show up every day of the month.

Since I haven't done this before, I'm working on this using my own data to see if it actually works as expected.