Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Average Daily Active Users

Level 2

Hi

I read how to calculate the average DAU for a mobile application. I've seen the following formula but I doesn't work in my case.

Do you have an alternative solution?

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 15.21.41.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi  @GusRubio 

It's easy to get the DAU per day thanks to a simple table with "day" dimension as rows and "unique visitors" metric as column.

As you mentioned about mobile applications, instead of daily active users. You can even go for daily engaged users which can be created by using processing rules. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi  @GusRubio 

It's easy to get the DAU per day thanks to a simple table with "day" dimension as rows and "unique visitors" metric as column.

As you mentioned about mobile applications, instead of daily active users. You can even go for daily engaged users which can be created by using processing rules. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Level 1

To get the average daily users. Build a table with the Day dimension and then use Column Sum function to sum the unique visitors and count d of days in that view. 

Ian2471_1-1652150227730.png

Ian2471_2-1652150267121.png