Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Automate Download Item as CSV

Level 1

Hi Team.

On a daily basis I need to download the file created with the  "Download items as CSV..." functionallity , is there a way to automotize this process?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Regards.
1.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Data Warehouse would really be your best choice. The other way is programmatically with the Analytics API, but I don't think you need to go down that route yet.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

From workspace report-lets cant be auto scheduled just entire workspace.

Could you copy this one report-let and then email schedule it?

If this doesn't help only other option is setup Data warehouse then try ftp.

GLTU

Level 1

Thanks in advance for the answer, I tried this option but in the generated file some info is not shown since in the workspace it only shows the first 400 rows of data and the data I have its for about 2k-3k rows, will try with Data Warehouse, thanks.

Community Advisor

I assume you are using this feature because you want to download more than 400 rows of data (the max that can be "shown" at a time in the Workspace)?

How complex is your Workspace? Would Data Warehouse be a better option? This will provide CSV files on a schedule, but of course, segments would apply to all the data.

Or, you could use Report Builder to retrieve data directly into Excel in the formatting, this also has a scheduler option.

Level 1

Thanks in advance for the answer, yes, the info I'm trying to download its for about 2k-3k items,
I will try with the two options you mention, but I believe Report Builder should work better for me since I only need some specific data, not all of it, thanks.

Community Advisor

If that doesn't work, you can still sometimes use a segment on your data warehouse export to limit to the specifics... but again, it applies to all columns.. if you have segment A on one column, and segment B on another this won't really work.... 

If you don't have access to Report Builder, you may also be able to use the Analytics API to call in the data directly to your system.. but you might need a developer to help on that one (or many you can handle it yourself)

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Data Warehouse would really be your best choice. The other way is programmatically with the Analytics API, but I don't think you need to go down that route yet.