Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

AppMeasurement Issue - is .NET4.0 Supported

Level 3

We have a desktop application where we are integrating the appMeasurement library in for tracking. Our QA found a problem where our login dialog isn’t being displayed on our Windows Desktop Sync app on Windows 7 and Windows Vista OS’s which only have .NET 4.0 installed.  

we did some testing on a Windows 7 VM and found that the problem is related to Adobe Analytics.  When we attempt to display our login dialog we call TrackPageViewEvent and this is causing a problem when only .NET 4.0 is installed.  Here’s what we’re seeing:  

- .NET 4.0 installed and Adobe Analytics is enabled —> login dialog doesn’t display

- .NET 4.0 installed and Adobe Analytics is disabled —> login dialog displays

- .NET 4.5.1 installed and Adobe Analytics is enabled —> login dialog displays

We looked on the Adobe website but didn’t see anything in the .NET documentation related to the .NET version that the AppMeasurement_DotNET.dll requires.  

So what needs to be done to use to the AppMeasurement_DotNET.dll with .NET 4.0 since our Windows Desktop Sync app supports .NET 4.0? Is .NET 4.0 even supported? Any feedback or suggestion would be highly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It sounds like you've done a lot of legwork in testing the culprit - based on the evidence you've shown here, I'm inclined to believe it's a bug. I'd recommend filing an incident with Customer Care so a bug can be created.

When submitting an incident, be sure to include as much data as possible so the agent can clearly reproduce the issue on their end.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It sounds like you've done a lot of legwork in testing the culprit - based on the evidence you've shown here, I'm inclined to believe it's a bug. I'd recommend filing an incident with Customer Care so a bug can be created.

When submitting an incident, be sure to include as much data as possible so the agent can clearly reproduce the issue on their end.