Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

API blocked while sending server call to adobe in mobile (iphone)

Level 3

I am  getting  error on a form submit call in iphone devices and form submits are not being tracked for one particular form. May I know what may be cause for this issue? It was working fine in website.

Is there any thing we need to do from Analytics or Tags side.

MahimitraCh1_0-1722480783470.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

I am not sure on this one.. if no one posts you may have to reach out to Client Care to help debug this issue.

Good Luck!

Employee

Mobile Safari (and desktop Safari) will cancel in-progress network calls on page navigation.

The Web SDK will make a request using an exit link. If that is the very first request from the Web SDK on the page, the exit link click event will be made in a way that can (and will) be cancelled. This is because the Web SDK needs to establish an identity. These are the errors that you are seeing that might be related to an exit link event and an identity call being made in a cancellable way.
This can be avoided if an identity is established ahead of time. 

By establishing an identity, I mean to generate an ECID for the person browsing the website.

Level 3

Hello,

Thanks for this. This might be the reason but it's on form submit which we are firing on submit button click and all interactions are firing properly( form field fills) before submit. Only at submit when api call is being sent( for success or failure for next page to load)  we are encountering this. For any error on click on submit button form error call is firing properly. On form success its throwing this error and next page view call is proper again.

Employee

Hmm, we might need to dig in more what's happening here. You can log a customer care ticket via Admin Console and include the steps to reproduce and HAR logs.