Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Analytics Workspace Fallout Report - Impact from PayPal Redirect?

Level 1

Hi everyone,

I set up a new Workspace in Analytics and added a Fallout visualization. This Fallout includes the four different steps of our Checkout process: Billing Information, Shipping Information, Payment, and Finalize Order. In the Fallout, I am seeing a significant drop-off increase year-on-year from Payment to Finalize. I am also seeing a lower overall conversion rate for the time period than I see in Google Analytics.

My hypothesis at this point is that the Fallout is not factoring in people who choose PayPal as their payment method and get redirected off the site to pay through the PayPal portal. We did not have PayPal enabled on the site last year.

With PayPal, the process looks like:

1) Billing Information

2) Shipping Information

3) Payment

3.5) Redirection to PayPal to Complete Payment

4) Finalize Order

Any ideas on what I can change in Analytics (either a Report Suite setting or something in my Fallout or?) to verify whether this is the issue or not and to fix it if it is?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Open the developer tools in your browser (usually F12), go to Network tab, check the logs to persist and filter for the string /b/ss/

Then you should see all the tracking calls sent to the Adobe server. Click on the individual calls to see its parameters. You can check if the proper variables and/or events are set. If not, then there is something wrong with the code.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 6

Can't you test the journey? Easiest thing is to test the journey and see if everything is firing as expected.

Level 1

Hi alv12345,

This sounds like a good idea, though I have never done this before. Do you have a link or a quick intro to how I can do this for Omniture tags?

Correct answer by
Level 6

Open the developer tools in your browser (usually F12), go to Network tab, check the logs to persist and filter for the string /b/ss/

Then you should see all the tracking calls sent to the Adobe server. Click on the individual calls to see its parameters. You can check if the proper variables and/or events are set. If not, then there is something wrong with the code.