Expand my Community achievements bar.

Analytics not firing at all on 2nd domain

Level 2

Hi! We have a domain (let's call it X) on which AA is currently working fine. Now there's a different domain (let's call it Y) on which we want to track data using the same script as on X, as they are related to each other and work together.

I thought it would be enough by adding the Launch scripts from X (dev, stage, prod) in the <Head> of Y (dev, stage, prod), add the new Y domain into the X Tag property.

Now, with Omnibug, Launch fires, but no signs of Adobe Analytics... On the Network tab, I see appMeasurement there, but not Image request, no data sent to Debugger... nothing at all from Adobe Analytics part. Is there anything I am missing? Should I create a new Property tag instead? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

In theory, it should work... 

That said, maybe there are conditions that are preventing the rules from firing, or perhaps a JS error that is failing something before the rule can properly complete.....

As for creating a new Property Tag... I usually play that by ear... depending on the complexity of my tracking, and how significantly different the site code is, etc....  For instance, we have about 30 websites using the same base code, so I use 1 property for all the sites (using Data Elements and logic to set the cookies first party for each site, and to swap out the tracking server to again be first party, etc).... however, each of those sites have "extended content" on sub-domains, and those have a very different code base, so I have a separate property for each sub-domain variant (where the tracking goes to the same suite, sets the data to the same dimensions and using the same naming conventions, etc), but I can optimize the tracking to the code base.

Do you see any JS errors in your browser's console? Also, have you tried enabling the Satellite Debugger to see what might be happening?

// Turn on debugging
_satellite.setDebug(true);

// Turn off debugging
_satellite.setDebug(false);

Hopefully this can help you find something about what is happening, and if you are willing to share a link (even via private messaging) I would be happy to take a look and see if I can find anything.

Level 2

I've shared the details with you via private message. Thanks soooo much.

Community Advisor

I sent you some details about what I saw..  but it looks like there is some JS errors inside your rules, and that in turn is making the conditions fail.

Community Advisor

Can you confirm there is no domain specific condition in your Page Load rule that generates the Beacon or in Custom Library code Adobe Analytics condition?

Sometime we limit the firing of the beacons to particular domain/domains.
Please check that.

Level 2

Hi! So in the end, it had to do with Experience Cloud ID extension, which had a cookie condition that was not being met in the new domain. It was really driving me crazy.