Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Advertising Analytics

Community Advisor

My query is regarding the integration of Advertising Analytics.  In a process where I have to fill OAuth Token details, It asks you to fill in login credentials for the search account (will be using Google AdWords details). I wanted to ask should I use the company’s Google AdWords Admin Credentials directly here or should I create and use a new Gmail user account with edit permissions rights access?

Also, I wanted to confirm that with this integration I will be using our existing production report suite and I am assuming this integration (with AMO data coming up in reports) will not interfere with components already existing whether they are metrics, dimensions, or segments right? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@JyotiSharmaV wrote:

My query is regarding the integration of Advertising Analytics.  In a process where I have to fill OAuth Token details, It asks you to fill in login credentials for the search account (will be using Google AdWords details). I wanted to ask should I use the company’s Google AdWords Admin Credentials directly here or should I create and use a new Gmail user account with edit permissions rights access?

I haven't used Advertising Analytics myself. But from a login/user management perspective, using the same login that's used with your AdWords Admin credentials would make your life easier in terms of campaign management and reporting, though that also opens the door to abuse or, worse, hacking if the credentials were to be leaked. So using another login with appropriate permissions would be safer, though I would choose a @company.com account rather than a @gmail.com account so that it's more obvious (from the login identity) about who this login is for.

Also, I wanted to confirm that with this integration I will be using our existing production report suite and I am assuming this integration (with AMO data coming up in reports) will not interfere with components already existing whether they are metrics, dimensions, or segments right? 

Yes. AMO data will show up in their own dimensions and metrics, so they can be mixed and matched with AA's own dimensions and metrics to build your own segments and calculated metrics. Take note that AMO data cannot be used with Virtual Report Suites.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@JyotiSharmaV wrote:

I haven't used Advertising Analytics myself. But from a login/user management perspective, using the same login that's used with your AdWords Admin credentials would make your life easier in terms of campaign management and reporting, though that also opens the door to abuse or, worse, hacking if the credentials were to be leaked. So using another login with appropriate permissions would be safer, though I would choose a @company.com account rather than a @gmail.com account so that it's more obvious (from the login identity) about who this login is for.

Yes. AMO data will show up in their own dimensions and metrics, so they can be mixed and matched with AA's own dimensions and metrics to build your own segments and calculated metrics. Take note that AMO data cannot be used with Virtual Report Suites.

Community Advisor

Thanks @yuhuisg it makes sense to use user login with standard permissions with @company.com rather than @gmail.com.

I wanted to check in the workflow video it says to retrieve token you will get routed to a third-party URL (efrontier.com). Adobe uses efrontier to power the OAuth authentication process for all three search engines.  https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/integration/advertising-analytics/advertising-anal...

However, now I am seeing something different. It's showing some Adobe Media Optimizer instead of efrontier . Is this is correct? 

jsvasu_0-1657230841392.png

Thanks

Community Advisor

Yes, the product had been renamed to Adobe Media Optimizer for a while already. I believe Adobe had bought efrontier, which is why you see that name in the documentation.

Community Advisor

@yuhuisg I don't see any data coming into Analytics after the integration. I used manual tracking and copied and paste the "Campaign Tracking Code URL parameters in the search engine account" as guided in the process. Screenshot below

jsvasu_0-1657553565029.png

Can you help pls

Community Advisor

Hmm, I'm not sure about this. My client that uses ACS manages their campaigns entirely from within ACS' interface, so they don't have to set anything within the search engines' interfaces. I suppose that's how ACS is able to bring its data into AA with the proper attribution.

Community Advisor

@yuhuisg We are managing campaigns via Google AdWords. Even in the integration of Advertising Analytics in Adobe there is no ACS mentioned. I just followed documentation. Can I try switching manual tracking to automatic tracking?  For that do i need to delete the configuration in analytics and add new configuration ?

Community Advisor

Oops, my mistake. I don't know why I mentioned ACS. I meant AAC (Adobe Advertising Cloud).

I don't have any actual experience with configuring Advertising Cloud. I suggest that you review Adobe's documentations on this topic:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics-learn/tutorials/integrations/ad-cloud/configuring-...

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics-learn/tutorials/integrations/ad-cloud/implementing...

Community Advisor

my data has synced properly @yuhuisg Only thing I am unable to see is measurable values for the metrics "AMO Avg. Position" of Ads. Any thoughts on this?

Community Advisor

I'm not sure. Bring this up with Client Care.