Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Advertising Analytics throws error for authentication token

Level 6

ERROR

EXTERNAL_API_ERROR: Unable to Create/update AMO search account for imsOrgId = xxxxxxxx@AdobeOrg, globalCompanyKey = xxxxxxx, amo_user_id = xxxx, error code = ACCT002 due to external api error. Error message returned by AMO search account api= 'AMO does not support Manager Account'

I receive this error when I try to save a new Advertising Analytics account in Adobe Analytics. Did some research, I do not use an MCC account, it is a normal gmail account.

Any ideas? How can I debug this?

The Gmail Account has access to other Adwords accounts as well (but it is not a MCC account!)

The Gmail account has "Standard" rights in Adwords (no Admin)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

according to adobe customer support you best create a new google ads user with just access to one ads account (not an mcc account). so basically one user for each ads account. as far as I understand this is not an issue from adobe rather a restriction of google... but I hope Adobe is working on asolution.

therefore add a new user to your ads account and try accessing within advertising analytics using the new user.

remark: I created a bunch of email aliases just for this...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

according to adobe customer support you best create a new google ads user with just access to one ads account (not an mcc account). so basically one user for each ads account. as far as I understand this is not an issue from adobe rather a restriction of google... but I hope Adobe is working on asolution.

therefore add a new user to your ads account and try accessing within advertising analytics using the new user.

remark: I created a bunch of email aliases just for this...

Level 6

I was afraid of this answer... we have lots of Adwords accounts

Community Advisor

Hi alv123456

Adobe is working behind the scenes to get access for MCC accounts, ETA unknown. As far as I know this is a problem from google side, not Adobe. So hopefully they find a solution for use cases like yours (and mine)

Level 6

You mentioned you ceated aliases for this? Did you mean gmail aliases? Adobe customer support told me Gmail aliases do not work (like jdoe+123@gmail.com or jdoe+456@gmail.com).

Community Advisor

no, we made aliases on our company email account. until now, we dont have any issues ...