Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Report Builder scheduled Reports opening in Excel in protected view

Level 2

When I send a scheduled excel workbook generated by Report Builder, the excel file opens in protected view . It displays all the data from report builder requests whilst still in "protected view" however it it does not execute the excel formula using this data until I click on "Enable Editing".  Is there a way to get the output of the excel formula displayed when a user opens the file in protected view without asking them to click on "Enable Editing" ? is there a setting in report builder I have missed that does this?  I want to avoid asking the recipients of the reports to  change their Trust Center settings in excel to switch off protected view.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hey, @drawrk, Protected View is a read-only mode where most editing functions are disabled. This can be due to the following reasons :

- The file was opened from an Internet location.
- The file was received as an Outlook attachment, and your computer policy has defined the sender as unsafe.

And there are several other reasons as well which are mentioned here - Link.

There is no setting in the report builder for this; rather I believe this is due to your internal network policy, which is causing the report to be opened in a Protected view. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hey, @drawrk, Protected View is a read-only mode where most editing functions are disabled. This can be due to the following reasons :

- The file was opened from an Internet location.
- The file was received as an Outlook attachment, and your computer policy has defined the sender as unsafe.

And there are several other reasons as well which are mentioned here - Link.

There is no setting in the report builder for this; rather I believe this is due to your internal network policy, which is causing the report to be opened in a Protected view. 

Level 2

Without changing the organisation's internal network policy, is there anything I can do to get the Excel formula to populate the cells so they are not blank when a user who receives the report initially opens it without clicking on "Enable Editing". That is the issue I am trying to get around.

Level 3

Hey, @drawrk I'm uncertain that would work; I believe you have to use Enable Editing to populate cells.