Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

[Adobe Launch] Numeric event type with decimal value 0.05 turns to 0 in AA. Why?

Level 4

I have a data element that captures a value from the digitalData as a decimal type and stores it in a Custom event.

This value is 0.05.

In AA settings > I have this event setup as a Numeric type [as the other options are counter or currency]

In Cloud Debugger and AA reports, I'm seeing this decimal value converted to 0. How can I pass it as a decimal?

Screenshot for your reference.

Thanks!

Capture.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

did you try to use a "calculated metric" just including your custom event and set decimals to 2?

maybe it is just a display problem....

other solution: multiply the number by 100 to send to Adobe Analytics. then use a calc. metric and divide by the same number (100) and "show decimals"

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

did you try to use a "calculated metric" just including your custom event and set decimals to 2?

maybe it is just a display problem....

other solution: multiply the number by 100 to send to Adobe Analytics. then use a calc. metric and divide by the same number (100) and "show decimals"

Level 4

Thanks!

Ok, so I created a calc. metric and it worked fine, now showing with 2 decimal places.

I did not know that custom success events do not support decimal format on their own.