Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

[Adobe Launch] How to calculate page load times for website built in Angular?

Level 4

I have a website that has been built in Angular.

As there is no full round trip between page loads, using performance.timing metrics is unreliable.

performance.timing.loadEventEnd for page 1 and page 2 will remain the same as only content is refreshed.

If I were to use performance.timing.loadEventEnd - performance.timing.navigationStart as a metric, it would be grossly inaccurate number for page 2 as only page 1 would have full round trip.

If performance.timing events are unreliable, what data can I pull from Angular and should this be passed as a dataLayer object to read in Adobe Launch?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

so far, we decided not to track PageLoadTimes in our Angular application since we don't get the resources for implementation.

as a possible solution you need at least 2 timestams:

1) user clicks on a link

2) application/browser finished updating the page

so basically your devs need to save a timestamp when user clicks on any link (and save locally). the second timestamp needs to be saved when browser either received data or updated the page.  the difference of those timestamps should be added to the dataLayer together with all page information.

maybe this link can help: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36979907/how-to-calculate-the-page-load-time-for-angular-js-appl...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

so far, we decided not to track PageLoadTimes in our Angular application since we don't get the resources for implementation.

as a possible solution you need at least 2 timestams:

1) user clicks on a link

2) application/browser finished updating the page

so basically your devs need to save a timestamp when user clicks on any link (and save locally). the second timestamp needs to be saved when browser either received data or updated the page.  the difference of those timestamps should be added to the dataLayer together with all page information.

maybe this link can help: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36979907/how-to-calculate-the-page-load-time-for-angular-js-appl...