Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adobe Debugger

Level 2

Has the operation of the debugger changed OR does it work differently with DTM OR if the Analytics implementation is on the Marketing Cloud?

Symptom: Previously, if there were actions on a page that cause a link track to be called but did not then move the visitor onto a new page, these extra calls were all visible in the debugger following the initial page load data.

I am not NOT seeing this, each extra call is seen on it’s own having replaced the previous call in the debugger interface.

If the debugger has not changed the way it works then it is a symptom of an incorrectly called link tracking tag and I will need to investigate but I wanted to check first that debugger has not changed it’s way of working.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The Adobe debugger is best used for page calls - I've noticed it is not as reliable for custom links. If I'm looking for custom link data, chrome's developer tools do the trick for me - go to the network tab and filter by /ss/. That should provide all image requests, both page view and link tracking.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 5

Peter, I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to but if the POST method is used to send the data you won't see anything in the debugger. I have this problem all the time.

Ali

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The Adobe debugger is best used for page calls - I've noticed it is not as reliable for custom links. If I'm looking for custom link data, chrome's developer tools do the trick for me - go to the network tab and filter by /ss/. That should provide all image requests, both page view and link tracking.