Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Adobe Campaign Parameters

Level 3

Hi team

I have question regarding Adobe Campaign tracking in Adobe Analytics tool. I have defined in DTM multiple s.campaign as the following

s.campaign = _satellite.getVar("cid")||_satellite.getVar("accessLink")||satellite.getVar("partner")||_satellite.getVar("accessCode");

I have SAINT rules to capture all values, all values are for all campaign IDs are listed under "Tracking code" and also classified in different categories.

My question is how can I differentiate between each one of those campaign IDs? in other words, how can I tell which value is coming from campaign "cid" vs "accessCode"?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

without seeing the difference of the values, there might be no option to get the desired information. only way would be to classify the single codes (if you candifferentiate them)

possible solutions are

- add a unique string before each code, eg "cid|..." or "ac|...." the use saint on this

- add all values to the trackingcode (might get too long...)

- pass all values to different props

- pass only the key to a prop (eg. "cid", "accesscode"...)

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

without seeing the difference of the values, there might be no option to get the desired information. only way would be to classify the single codes (if you candifferentiate them)

possible solutions are

- add a unique string before each code, eg "cid|..." or "ac|...." the use saint on this

- add all values to the trackingcode (might get too long...)

- pass all values to different props

- pass only the key to a prop (eg. "cid", "accesscode"...)

Community Advisor

I would believe that you must have a specific syntax that you use in house to differentiate a code that you would use as a cid or partner or accessCode.

If you know what is the syntax and can identify a common part for lets partner then you could use Classification rule builder to create rules based on regex formulas to classify each tracking code into its relevant category automatically.

Level 3

thanks for the response

i like the idea of passing the key to a prop and passing the value to another prop

Level 3

I talked to Adobe support as I already have hundreds of values out there and it's too much of a time consuming to change those values.

They suggested to use "Processing Rule" which available in the Admin menu > select the report suite > general > processing rule to do a mass update for all CID values as an example

Community Advisor

Processing rule is to only modified incoming data coming from your website. So yes you could modify the values as they come in.

However processing rules won't impact historical, which classification and classification rule builder can.