Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Analytics success events in CJA?

Level 2

Hi all,

I am fairly new to CJA and am still trying to get the concepts a little better.

So, one of the main questions I have is: what happened to the Adobe Analytics success events 1-999 in CJA? Are they still around and if so, where do I best place them in the XDM?

Or is that something that is dynamically derived/determined/set up on the CJA side?

Since in AA you could flag one interaction or page view as having multiple success events firing, can I still replicate this in CJA? 

I mean technically I could of course define a string Array in the XDM, just trying to avoid the common pitfalls.

So, is there an official best practice for this that has proven to work?

Cheers
Björn

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Björn,

the answer depends on the type of integration you're using.

If you are using the ADC (Analytics Data Connector) the data will be mapped against the XDM schema dedicated to Analytics data model.

If you are using a custom XDM schema, you can define fields dedicated to each event.

Imaging you have 3 different custom events: Request a quote, Form submission, Open chatbot. Attached you can find an example of XDM you can create.

alberto_angeli_0-1709646015660.png

In this way you can send multiple events at the same time with this payload:

{
    "_demopotemea": {
        "myEvents": {
            "formSubmission": 1,
            "openChatbot": 1
        }
    },
    "eventMergeId": "Sample value",
    "eventType": "click",
    "producedBy": "self",
    "timestamp": "2018-11-12T20:20:39+00:00"
}

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Björn,

the answer depends on the type of integration you're using.

If you are using the ADC (Analytics Data Connector) the data will be mapped against the XDM schema dedicated to Analytics data model.

If you are using a custom XDM schema, you can define fields dedicated to each event.

Imaging you have 3 different custom events: Request a quote, Form submission, Open chatbot. Attached you can find an example of XDM you can create.

alberto_angeli_0-1709646015660.png

In this way you can send multiple events at the same time with this payload:

{
    "_demopotemea": {
        "myEvents": {
            "formSubmission": 1,
            "openChatbot": 1
        }
    },
    "eventMergeId": "Sample value",
    "eventType": "click",
    "producedBy": "self",
    "timestamp": "2018-11-12T20:20:39+00:00"
}

Hope this helps!

Level 2

Thanks for the input!

This confirms my idea of - well not an array as initially mentioned - an object of events. Makes totally sense.

I was just really wondering if there is no premade XDM field group, yet then the events are obviously so custom that it would not make sense to have something premade anyway  

Cheers

Employee

Hi @bk_work , AEP provides a Field Group for a standard Analytics implementation that contains a bunch of predefined events (like pageViews, clicks...). It is called "AEP Web SDK ExperienceEvent". You can start from there and add your own customised event.

Best,
Alberto

Level 2

Hi @aa_from_savoy 

that we are using already (_experience.analytics...) and the automatic event mapping to AA. 

The question was aiming more at the XDM to send this to CJA with keeping in mind to switch off this legacy AA-specific integration in the long run.

Cheers