Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Analytics connector powerbi

Level 3

Hello everyone, 
I am trying to connect to Adobe analytics connector 1.0 with powerBI. 
I need 4 dimensions as filters example-Device, State, Country, Age

And I have 3 measure that I wanna look at it over time example- Conversion_rate, Visitors, purchased a product(event)

Here is my problem-

If I pull all the above dimensions and measure and load it into powerbi model. 
If I start using dimensions are dynamic filters on dashboard and want to look at measure over time(month) the aggregated numbers are so different than what I see in adobe. 
I have tried couple of approaches with creating multiple tables with same measures for each dimension. 
But still couldnt get what I needed. 
Would be really helpful, If anyone has faced the same and have any idea how to fix this.

Thanks 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

One thing the PowerBI connector cant do that Adobe data does is some data de duplication. Maybe try pageviews to check as that shouldn't be different to verify. Also remeber if you have any segements when comparing to use same ones adobe has in Powerbi connector.

Also in adobe check attribution the workspace report may have. Sometimes a different type of attribution on a report may be different.

GLTU

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

One thing the PowerBI connector cant do that Adobe data does is some data de duplication. Maybe try pageviews to check as that shouldn't be different to verify. Also remeber if you have any segements when comparing to use same ones adobe has in Powerbi connector.

Also in adobe check attribution the workspace report may have. Sometimes a different type of attribution on a report may be different.

GLTU

Community Advisor

While I don't use PowerBI, we have used Data Warehouse extractions in the past.. and for UVs, the lack of de-duplication is an issue there as well. When we did ours, we had to set up multiple feeds at different granularity levels... so if we needed to see Daily and Monthly and a Total for the range we did this with three different feeds... using the Monthly granularity to show the totals per Month and the Total for the range for the overall... 

I don't know if PowerBI can accommodate different sources for different totals, but it might be worth looking into...

Also, I agree with @Pablo_Childe something like Page Views (which don't need to be de-duplicated) will be the best way to compare.

Community Advisor

I agree with @Jennifer_Dungan and @Pablo_Childe  - best to try a few different levels of granularity.  You may then need to pull from those reports separately as needed to get your deduplicated totals and breakouts.