Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adding a Date Range in a Segment

Level 2

Can you add a date range inside a segment so that the Visits for an eVar only show up during that time frame? A zero value shows up when you change the Workspace date range to be different from the one inside the segment. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, you can absolutely add a date range inside a segment....

However, the way segments work, won't really result in "0" results if the panel data range doesn't match the segment....

For instance, if you create a segment that looks at "Hits" for Home Page and Last Year... even if your report range is set to this month, the data returned will be home pages that were viewed last year....

Maybe if you can provide an example of the end result, we can help to figure out a way to create an exclusion based on the panel selection.... 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, you can absolutely add a date range inside a segment....

However, the way segments work, won't really result in "0" results if the panel data range doesn't match the segment....

For instance, if you create a segment that looks at "Hits" for Home Page and Last Year... even if your report range is set to this month, the data returned will be home pages that were viewed last year....

Maybe if you can provide an example of the end result, we can help to figure out a way to create an exclusion based on the panel selection.... 

Level 2

Jennifer, thanks for your reply. I was able to create two different containers with unique eVar logic in each that are specific to certain time periods. The result was based on the time period which is what I was looking for so I'm good.