Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Add "enter site" or "exit" into Fallout report in workspace

Level 8
Level 8

Hello All,

I would like to ask, is there anyway I can add "enter site" or "exit" into "Fallout Report" in workspace.

I ask this is because that we try to track user flow/path and their behavior from specific banner and media, as I mentioned before, we want to know the click on "activity map link='contact support'".

I've set segment that the "Channel ID = 123456" to segment the traffic.

But since the ID has 30 days persistent attribution, there could be some traffic not really directly from that ID.

For example, Day 1 I clicked the banner and landed on our site, 2 days later, I directly type in URL and enter our site again.

But we only want to see the traffic directly from that Channel ID and user path from the entry page.

I tried to

and

What I tried:

1. use "Fallout" report in Workspace

Use "Channel ID = 123456 at hit level" as segment,

"Entry Original Page URL=Landing page url from the banner" as first check point,

and "Activity map link=contact support" as 2nd checkpoint as well,

but it seems the data is not correct at all, much smaller than they are in other report.

2. use "Flow" report in Workspace: it's not able to add "click on 'contact support'" as a path

3. use "Fallout" report in Workspace, I have no idea on how to add "enter site" as checkpoint,

So I have no idea about how to track user fallout/flow/path from they clicked banner to landing in our site until they click "contact support", and the fallout and fallthrough

Please kindly advise.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear H_L,

Can you change the Channel Segmentation from hit level to visit level?

Click on "Contact Support" will not be captured as a same hit and thus might be the gap.

We cannot add "Contact Support" to Flow or "Enter Site" in Fallout. Should use Entry Page as you correctly did.

Thank You!

Arun

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear H_L,

Can you change the Channel Segmentation from hit level to visit level?

Click on "Contact Support" will not be captured as a same hit and thus might be the gap.

We cannot add "Contact Support" to Flow or "Enter Site" in Fallout. Should use Entry Page as you correctly did.

Thank You!

Arun

Level 8
Level 8

Hello Arun,

Thanks for your reply, however, we saw a lot of other pages URL as "Entry Original Page URL", but we do only have 1 landing page URLs.

May I know the possible reason?

Thanks.

H

Community Advisor

Dear H_L,

What is the segmentation you have used?

Thank You!

Arun

Level 8
Level 8

Hello Arun,

The following segment is used, I hope it represents: the visit is from our listed banners. (All of them with their own code).

1401965_pastedImage_1.png

However, although we had set only 1 URL as the landing URL from all the placements, the listed "Entry Original Page Key" items are lot.

1401966_pastedImage_2.png

Please advise.

Thanks.

H

Community Advisor

Dear H_L,

SInce you have used Tracking Code 'contains any of', might be you have same sort of tracking codes with different landing pages.

Can you change it to 'equal to' for 1 tracking code and see the the entry page?

Thank You!

Arun

Level 8
Level 8

Hello Arun,

Thanks for your kind remind, and I've tried before this post, I limited the "banner code" equals to 1 tracking code ONLY, but more than 1 items are listed under "Entry Original Page Key".

Best,

H

Community Advisor

Dear H_L,

Let me try to replicate and get back to you.

Thank You!

Arun