Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Acronym Gtag extension not recording conversions

Avatar

Level 2

I'm currently moving a Google Ads tracking setup from GTM to Adobe Launch/Tags/whatever it is called with the Acronym extension at the moment and I run into an unexpected problem: All possible testing tools (Omnibug, Console Log, Network Tab, Tag Assistant) are happy with my implementation but in Google Ads I see the attached screenshot. The hit is obivously reaching the Ads account correctly but it is not considered a conversion. Any idea what's happening here?

 

image.png

1 Accepted Solution

Avatar

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The conversions all look good from the front end... I do recall when we did our tags there was a significant delay for them to show in Google... 

 

But I see the Data Layer update, I also see the server calls in the Network panel...And the Google Tag Assistant is showing that everything is working....

 

If they still aren't showing in Google... you may have to check with Google?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Avatar

Community Advisor

Is this on production or a testing server? Google Ad Conversions are a bit different... they actually appear in the Google dataLayer but I've never seen an actual network call... also, I believe that initially there is quite a delay in the values appearing.

 

Also, make sure that you don't have an ad blocker on.. that will cause issues.

 

If the site is live (and you are willing to share a URL [even through a private message] and how to trigger a conversion - assuming I don't have to buy something) I could take a look at the front end and see if I can spot anything odd.

Avatar

Level 2

Hello Jennifer,

thank you for taking the time.

 

The tags can be tested live here: https://www.tuvsud.com/en-gb/store/academy-gb

We have set up two conversion tags with slightly different triggers to check the race conditions between our All Pages trigger and OneTrust. I have also played around with naming taxonomy "conversion" vs. "Conversion". Both tags show up perfectly fine: 

Carolin_TVSD_0-1685000837829.png

But in the corresponding AdWords account we keep seeing "No recent conversion" and "Tag last seen today". So the correct AdWords account is noticing the tag but does not accept the hit as a conversion.

Avatar

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The conversions all look good from the front end... I do recall when we did our tags there was a significant delay for them to show in Google... 

 

But I see the Data Layer update, I also see the server calls in the Network panel...And the Google Tag Assistant is showing that everything is working....

 

If they still aren't showing in Google... you may have to check with Google?

Thanks again for taking the time!

That is kind of the result I was hopeing for... We will get into contact with our Googel rep and probably try setting up a similar test case in a different account, too.

Avatar

Community Advisor

You're welcome.. hopefully you get this sorted out!

 

FYI, I didn't use the Acronym extension in our implementation, but the end result looks the same... I have the same data layer updates, the same network calls, having the conversions show in multiple tools.... 

 

And sorry, I realized my first comment was slightly wrong... our first implementation, the vendor asked me to add the account, but not fire conversions on each page, the new implementation they have a conversion on each page, then special conversions after certain events...