Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

7 day active?

Level 1

Hi, How can I look at the 7 day active value for a proceeding date? Without setting the date manually. i.e what was the 7 day active for last Wednesday?

Or how can I set a custom time period or segment to look off the date show in the freeform table rather than the fixed time range?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can select date range at the project, workspace, and report levels. A project's date range is the default date. However, a workspace date range overrides the project's date range. Similarly, a report's date range overrides the date settings of a workspace and project. However, you cannot select a date range outside your data availability range.

If needed, you can create custom date ranges in the workspace by using Components > New Date Range in the workspace or by directly using date range builder. more details Create custom date ranges

Note: Date range builder can be accessed outside of workspace thought Tools > Date Ranges as well.

Once done drag date range below selected metrics to see by date range.

Ex. Select last month at the project level > use new visit dimension with visit metrics > apply today, yesterday, last 7 days date rages below visit metrics > see different values based on time selected.

Thanks,

Asheesh

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can select date range at the project, workspace, and report levels. A project's date range is the default date. However, a workspace date range overrides the project's date range. Similarly, a report's date range overrides the date settings of a workspace and project. However, you cannot select a date range outside your data availability range.

If needed, you can create custom date ranges in the workspace by using Components > New Date Range in the workspace or by directly using date range builder. more details Create custom date ranges

Note: Date range builder can be accessed outside of workspace thought Tools > Date Ranges as well.

Once done drag date range below selected metrics to see by date range.

Ex. Select last month at the project level > use new visit dimension with visit metrics > apply today, yesterday, last 7 days date rages below visit metrics > see different values based on time selected.

Thanks,

Asheesh

Level 1

Thanks for responding but I don't want to manually create 7,14 and 30 days ranges for every day. The date range builder seems to be based upon the current day. Not based upon a date of my choice. I want to create a segment or customer metric that goes off the day shown in a table and then does the maths to take the range (-7, -14, -30) based upon that day.....not the current day.

Or to put it another way how would you graph a rolling 30 day active over the last 12 months?

Level 1

To confirm I want to know for say a 30 day active figure:

for 20 March - the 30day visitors so from: 19 Feb - 20 March

for 19 March - the 30day visitors so from: 18 Feb - 19 March

for 18 March - the 30day visitors so from: 17 Feb - 18 March

....etc

Level 1

I had a look on the guide: Create custom date ranges

But its only possible to set rolling day from the current day....and I want a previous date.

Employee Advisor

The date range builder can use any date relative to today, and can roll daily, weekly, or monthly. You can absolutely say the start date to be "current day minus 7 days", then the end date be "current day".

The one thing it can't do is be relative to the selected date range. If this is something you're looking for, I'd recommend adding your voice to this idea thread: Dynamic date ranges