By using the functionality "compare dates", I realized, that Sitecatalyst compares only items, which are available in both periods. In case one item is not existent in one of the compared periods, it doesn't appear. It will only be counted in the sum.
I attached an example, where we compared the orders of a productgroup with 6 tariffs in March. In February, we had just 5 tariffs. In case I compare February and March, the tariff on position 6 doesn't appear, because there are only orders in March for this tariff. I would have expected "0" orders in February and "1" order in March.
It would be great, having a complete comparison with all available tariffs of both periods.