The Maven build goes fine but when open the page either with the editor.html or on preview I get the following errors?
org.apache.sling.api.SlingException: Cannot get DefaultSlingScript: org.apache.sling.api.SlingException: Cannot get DefaultSlingScript: org.apache.sling.api.SlingException: Cannot get DefaultSlingScript: org.apache.sling.api.SlingException: Cannot get DefaultSlingScript: org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.SightlyException: Compilation errors in org/apache/sling/scripting/sightly/apps/wknd/components/content/card/card_html.java: Line 28, column 1270 : Only a type can be imported. com.adobe.aem.guides.wknd.core.components.Card resolves to a package Line 46, column 2020 : Card cannot be resolved to a type
Cannot serve request to /content/wknd/en.html on this server
ApacheSling/2.6 (jetty/9.3.22.v20171030, Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 1.8.0_171, Mac OS X 10.13.5 x86_64)
At first I thought I did something wrong but then I started from a brand new AEM 6.4 install and got the clean code from the repo and build and also added the content packages provided by the tutorial and still got the errors.
And a few others I found and even a project I worked on previously but what they did on that Wknd tutorial is just so neat and well organized and clean that I will try to add additional vendor libraries and experiment with things then I guess
That tutorial is really awesome and is going to be very useful for an implementation we are doing so tell me something, where I can see more documentation about integrating AEM with more front end resources, besides bootstrap and less ? And to understand how that works and gets compiled?
I also have seen previous configurations done using nodeJs and grunt but it was a bit less clean than what they show on this tutorial.
Well as I was explaining I had no problems with the compiling at all but it was from the home page.
Now what I just tried was to get a new clone from the master and it did work and the same does from the part/6-custom-sling-model branch, so perhaps my previous copy of the code had the problem and it was giving me that error.
Sorry for bothering you guys and thank you so much for your great support! 🙂
Hey guys, I found something strange. I tried this on a Mac but then later that night I went to try the same on a Linux box and this time I didn't get the error, so I'll try again, on a completely clean environment and will report my results.