Expand my Community achievements bar.

Would like to view all Project Updates

Level 2
Does anyone know of a way to view all Project Updates? If not interactively, perhaps in a Report? Currently in Workfront, while viewing the "Updates" tab on a Project, we can scroll down, but only about one month of the Updates are ultimately viewable. Greg Obets BHGE
7 Replies

Level 10
Hi Greg, I think best options would be creating Note Report and then filtering out on project you want to see updates from. Or if you would like to be able to see on all projects updates, just create prompt on this report :) so you will be able to chose before running report from which project you want to see updates. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 10
We actually have this on each of our project. Create a notes report (no project filters), put it in a dashboard and then add the dashboard to the project which will filter the notes report to the specific project. We then group this by threadID and then sort it by entry date (descending). This gives you a view of all updates, including document updates. Make sure to change how many rows to show. Normally this is enough as most people are interested in the latest updates. Polly Co

Level 10
(Does this mean that even if the Updates page stops displaying updates at a certain point, all the updates are kept in the system & can be reported on?) Jamie Hill JLL EMEA

Level 2
Thanks everyone. Notes are part of what's logged in the Project > Updates tab. What I really need to see/capture is the rest of the metadata. ...Hours logged, Tasks deleted, access granted, etc. Greg Obets BHGE

Level 10
Seems that you should be able to see all updates on the updates page - I've just checked a project from 2015 and system updates are still listed. As to whether they can all be reported on - that is another question. As you know on the other thread we have regarding tracking custom fields on the update feed, not everything can be tracked as of now. Polly Co

Level 10
You mean the system generated updates? We're actually having issues with that one right now but we were testing specifically with custom fields tracking on the updates feeds - you can see our discussion here:

Level 9
We were looking to report on System Updates a couple of years ago, and I actually discussed it with the technical folks at LEAP that year. They told me it could only be done via the API. So, we built a custom app that sends a report weekly to the administrator. As far as I know, that is still the only way you can do it. ~Eric Eric Manning Language Line Translation Solutions