Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Workfront & Workfront Proof

Level 2
Hello! We're hoping to start using Workfront Proof (aka Proof HQ) along with classic Workfront. We're really excited not to send all of our design proofs/reviews/approvals through outlook email! I'm having trouble figuring out how the two work together. When I bring in a new project, I create tasks for our graphic designers that pretty much include: 1. Design All Materials 2. Send Out Internal Proof 3. Send Out External Proof 4. Get Final Approval 5. Send to PM for Production I attached a screenshot of one of the templates as well. It seems like you can create automated workflow templates in Workfront Proof that will pull your proof through those same tasks. What's the recommendation? Do I continue to have all 5 tasks in workfront and use automated workflow templates? Should I not use automatic workflow templates and just have the designers manually create a proof and select their deadline based on the approval task? I guess I'm not sure how to combine the two without creating confusion or additional work. Martha Tolan Whole Foods Market, Inc
2 Replies

Level 2
Martha, You can create workflows that would push the proof through all of these phases. My question would be, do the designers make any changes between these routes? If so, I would leave them separate. The Proof workflows are used to set default deadlines and assign the correct people as reviewer or approvers. The tasks in the project are used for when the designers need to route. If you utilize the Proof workflow to move the proof from group to group with no design changes you should be able to remove some of your tasks. Hope this helps! Shelly Long Pier 1 Imports

Level 2
Thanks Shelly! I think I understand..I'm brand new to this so I apologize if I misunderstood. Yes, the designers do make changes based on feedback so there's sometimes multiple internal proof and multiple external proofs. They also log their time in the Workfront tasks. I guess they could just use their Workfront tasks to log time/check their deadlines and then go into their Proof dashboard to create an ad-hoc workflow instead of an automated one. My other concern is what happened when a project's completion date gets pushed back, changing all of the task dates? Does that mean the designers have to hop back into their proof and adjust their proof deadline? I can't really wrap my head around combining Workfront + Workfront Proof. I wish you could upload multiple design files into the project's document section and then combine them & create one proof/workflows from there. Maybe it will be available in the future. It seems like it would be easier to keep everything in 1 spot. Anyways, thanks again for your help! I really appreciate it! Martha Tolan Whole Foods Market, Inc