Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workfront Proof/Proof HQ - Too Many Notifications

Level 2
Hi all! I recently found a thread regarding email notifications on proof comments:
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 10
We have that issue as well that now all proof comments gets sent as a notification - Workfront support claims it's a fix. The workaround is to turn off notification but you are right, the in app notification can't be turned off. We were told to go to the idea exchange to request it fixed... :( Polly Co

Level 6
I made this a huge deal to our Customer Care Managers yesterday because this is making it nearly impossible for some of our users to get their work done. One is up to 1600 system notifications within just this week and far far more email notifications. I think this is insane that one customer asked for it to be turned on and now a bunch of us are suffering. Brittany Jones Project Manager, Marketing Operations DICK's Sporting Goods

Level 3
Hi everyone, for a while, we had a similar issue where some users would get an email for each and every comment made on a proof, whether or not a 'Decision' was rendered. It took me a while to troubleshoot the issue, but finally found a fix. I can't guarantee that it'll work for you guys, but here's what I found: Our issue ended up being in the automated workflows and how the Email Alerts within Workfront Proof were set up Each user on the workflow should have their Email Alerts set to 'Decisions' From my understanding, this means that the Proof Creator will not get comment notifications until a 'Decision' is rendered The downside to this is that if/when someone just comments, but doesn't render a 'Decision,' notifications will not be sent out. The solution to this is to tag individuals in the comments -- but ideally (in my book), a 'Decision' should be made As an extra precaution, I've made sure that each user's default email alert in Workfront Proof is 'Decisions' I've attached a couple screenshots, as well. I hope that helps! Brandon Hamm Creative Services Project Manager Bravo Group

Level 1
For us, this change happened as of today. Previously, we would set in proof notification as "Daily Summary", then we would get a daily list with all comments compiled in one email notification. As of today, when setting a proof to "Daily Summary", we now receive an email notification for each single comment made on the proof. We don't want to turn the notifications off completely - otherwise how would we know when our clients are leaving feedback? Is this a bug with the updates that rolled out today? Also, why was there nothing in Announcements about the pending update? Or did I miss it? My team came in this morning to an updated interface, no 'log time' tab and a whole host of changes and problems. Any help is appreciated! Thanks, Dawn

Level 1
I've submitted a request in the idea exchange to roll this back. The in-app notifications is pretty much useless now as our designers are bogged down with dozens of proof comment notifications every hour. Mike Stough First Republic Bank

Level 4
This issue recently surpassed the voting threshold. Please see below and vote. Thanks. mckaywhite (Workfront) Jul 19, 12:45 PM MDT Hi Kathy, With this new update, the document owner will get notified of comments made to the proof. Other than the document owner, the other users on the proof should not get additional notification because of this. I did find an post in the idea exchange for the ability to customize the in app notifications. This idea recently surpassed the voting threshold, so there will be a response from our product team within 30 days. You can vote as well as follow along at this link: "https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__support.workfront.com_hc_en-2Dus_community_posts_115004146653-2DEnable-2DUsers-2Dto-2DCustomize-2DIn-2DApp-2DNotifications-2DLike-2DEmail-2DNotifications-2D&d=DwMFaQ&c=TICmdyKR0jf2FFM5K2Q4vQ&r=Tk-Wd7sSIphxvIDMBo2WVQT_hnXYJiy8PF1jm51LRgU&m=op9vCg6kHH6elpo0RpGFmSYnOWNr_wtILWtqTjfFF9w&s=CS8dKiIJcvqx4EMuLuvUJx2miAqXlQ7oJaKrJd7zmw8&e=">https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115004146653-Enable-Users-to-Customize-In-App... Let me know if I can help further. Thanks, McKay Kathleen Palumbo Marketing Production Lead Blue Cross & Blue Shield of RI

Level 2
Yes, this change has thrown our project managers for a loop. We started using Workfront in January, and our team has finally settled into the system. This change has thrown them for a loop. They no longer find notifications useful. :( Jenny Hill PacificSource

Level 2
In reply to Kathy's comment about WF taking it into consideration - does anyone know if there was ever a reply from anyone on the WF side? Hasn't it passed the 30 day mark? Alex Afriyie Questline, Inc.