Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

WorkFront program filters.

Level 3
Hello community, I'm having a problem setting a filter to show all our in-progress, complete, on-hold projects. I filter to show project status and enter all the status' and create a view to show project status' and cant get anything to show up. It looks like our programs are empty when I know we have many finished projects in them. Is anyone else having this problem? Side-note) I'm on the new WF experiences and every time I go into "Projects" the whole screen shakes, fast and doesn't stop. I refresh and it continues to shake once refreshed. Is anyone also experiencing this? Thank you! Marisol Campos MarisolCamposCreative
7 Replies

Level 3
Hi Marisol, I will be happy to help you troubleshoot. I see a couple of things that could be roadblocks, but first, tell me what the expected end result is... what are you trying to solve for, do, or show (example: My manager needs to see the status of all projects in the system and how many projects are in each status) Sincerely, Donette Willis Donette Willis Corning Optical Communications LLC

Level 3
I would like to show my manager all of our projects that are in a portfolio. We have our business units set up to organize by business units and our portfolios set up to organize by brands. I would like to show her a report of all the projects in a specific brand's portfolio, grouped by vendors, regardless if the project is complete, on hold, or in-progress. I've reran reports over and over and still aren't getting the filters to work. And I even have a my view to show the item I am filtering in my view... Please let me know if there's something I'm doing incorrectly. Right now it only shows projects in-progress. Once I change their status to complete, they aren't visible anymore in their portfolio... Thank you! MarisolCamposCreative

Level 10
Hi Marisol, I can't see the screen shots (they're super tiny on my screen and expanding them makes them unreadable). But if you already have a Filter that works in your Views, you can copy the Text mode of that Filter and place it in your report. Let me know if you need more information on that. But am I understanding correctly that you already have a filter that's working but you want it to work in a report?

Level 3
Thanks Vic, my issue is that the filter is not populating what I want to see in the report. So it makes me wonder if I am filtering correctly. I have the filter set to populate, in a program, all projects status' regardless if it's complete, in-progress, on hold, etc... However, when I run it, it just shows projects that live under that program, that are in-progress. I want to see all of them, so when I show a list of what we've done the past few months/years, everything is there -- regardless of status. I also have my view set to show a column for the project's Status, and all I see are projects in-progress...when I know we have plenty of projects completed living in that program :/ MarisolCamposCreative

Level 5
I submitted a support ticket for something like this last week and it's currently being looked at by the reporting experts. In the new experience under programs and portfolios, the 'All' filter doesn't show all the projects- it shows the same list as 'Active' projects. To get what I need in the meantime, I've had to switch back to the classic version of Workfront. My case # is 00166893 if you wanted to put in a ticket as well and reference mine. Janelle Hicks Lifespan Corporation

Level 3
Thank you! This is exactly my same issue! I'm submitting a issue and will reference your case as well. Thanks again! MarisolCamposCreative

Level 5
Great, they verified the issue and have submitted my ticket to the development team. :) Janelle Hicks Lifespan Corporation