Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workfront Pilot Release Process needed?

Level 10
Hi, No doubt the Workfront team have learnt a lot from the release of the new Tasks List functionality. I'm not sure if they were expecting quite so many issues, but to me it seems that the update was not sufficiently tested before it was released to production. I was one of the customer users who had access to test during Beta and I did provide a lot of feedback - as did numerous other customers. However the end result is that clearly quite a lot of issues still snuck through (some quite major) and disrupted users. Just putting the idea out there that perhaps Workfront can add a Pilot process where a select group of customers get the release in advance of the other customers so that bugs that have been missed are identified and fixed before wider release. This is not to suggest that customers should be QA-ing the software...it should be as production ready as possible before releasing it to Pilot. That's my two cents anyways! Regards, David Cornwell
4 Replies

Level 6
Agreed David, I think this is a great idea. As a fairly new system admin I've been taking a lot of 'feedback' from the PMs following the release! Jane Bradshaw BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 3
This was a pretty disruptive release item. It created a lot of problems for users that certainly could have been avoided with a more flexible release timeline or more in-depth vetting. I agree with your take, David. Michelle Yard Manager, Marketing Operations Insperity Houston, Texas

Level 7
And, from what I recall, many of the things which were red-flagged by us during the testing made it through to the final product (e.g., jumpy behaviour, small internal scrolly windows, etc.). And don't get me started on the right-click thing. I cannot imagine how much "feedback" I'd have received if that was removed. It just felt like this update had a lot of "Trust us, you're gonna love it!" thrown in for bad measure. -j John O'Sullivan Bristol-Myers Squibb Company

Level 5
We are definitely aware of both this specific and more general issues around piloting and some release flexibility. While I can't discuss details, there are significant changes in the works to improve this experience for everyone. Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront