Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Workfront Mobile App: Submitting Requests is Getting Ready for Beta!

Level 5
Hi :) I'm Hayk, the Product Manager for the Workfront mobile app. I'm really happy to announce that we are getting closer to the final release of Submitting New Requests feature - one of your top requests in the Idea Exchange. In fact, we are a couple of weeks away from launching a beta program for Submitting Requests. The beta will be available only for Android users and will last for about a month. It would be fantastic if you could jump in and start using it in your daily activities. We are looking forward to your valuable feedback about what you like and what we can do better. Let me remind you the functionality that will be delivered with this update: Viewing all the requests that you have access to in Workfront (both open and closed ones) with filtering and sorting options. Submitting new requests just as you do in the web instance of Workfront, with all the fields and custom forms, in an easy and intuitive way. Attaching documents to your requests, including picking some images from your smartphone's gallery or just immediately snapping a photo and attaching it to your request. If you are a heavy user of request queues and you work out of office a lot, I hope this will make your life much easier. You won't need anymore to constantly download/upload files, open Workfront in your smartphone's browser or constantly have your laptop with you when traveling. Please let me know if you are interested in the upcoming beta by posting here or contacting me directly at haykfalakyan@workfront.com. I'll share more details with you as soon as we are ready to launch the Beta Program. Thank you again for helping us to improve our app!
8 Replies

Level 10
This is great stuff, Hayk! In our ESP for HSE solution , user raise Health and Safety tickets directly into Workfront as Issues...but we stopped short of capturing photos. Your upcoming release could solve that -- very cool. Thanks for pointing it out. Regards, Doug

Level 5
Glad to hear that, Doug! Please stay tuned, I'll let you know as soon as we launch the Beta. Thank you!

Level 4
As an Admin, am I able to log in as a requester in the app (similar to the desktop version)? I would like to understand what they view. Patty Clerico-Parham NVIDIA

Level 10
Hayk, My entire Sales team, utilize the current mobile app. I absolutely want them to use the beta for sure. How can I get them access to the beta, when it is released? We are very excited about the new functionality that is coming into the mobile app, making it much more usable. Thank you. Benetta Perry APS

Level 5
Hi Benetta. Thank you for your willingness to try out our new feature. I'm happy to let you know that the Requests feature is already officially released for both iOS and Android. The beta program lasted for only about two weeks. So, if you want to have access to Requests from your smartphone, you just need to update your app :) I would love to hear about your experience with this new feature when you are using it more actively, so please do not hesitate to contact me :) Thank you! Hayk Falakyan Workfront

Level 10
I am not using this feature personally, but my Sales team. I will give you any feedback that I get. Thank you. Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
In the App store, I see two downloads "Workfront" and "Workfront Beta". My team is using "Workfront" on their mobile devices. Now, I need to alert them to download "Workfront Beta" to experience the new features. Is this correct? Will they still be able to see their same work in progress? etc ... Thanks for clarification. I'd like to have a clear view before I ask them to do this download. Benetta Perry APS

Level 5
You just need to download the final version of the app - "Workfront". Requests are already included there. So, there's no need to install the beta app. But, answering your question: yes, you will see the same work and progress on both apps as long as you are logged in with the same credentials :) Hayk Falakyan Workfront