Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workfront for Adobe CC: Early Access

Level 5
I'm excited to announce that our new extension for Adobe Creative Cloud is ready for early access! We have completely redesigned the plugin from ground up, enhanced the navigation and stability, and, most importantly, we've added support for SAML login! The extension allows you to export your files from Adobe CC applications to Workfront, post comments, and request approvals. You can easily pick the project, task or issue that you're working on, and - with just a couple of clicks - upload your file as a new Workfront document. The extension works with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign. It will go live with our 18.3 release. "https://goo.gl/forms/UAJ40dmnhHnOx5IH3">Enroll here! Hayk Falakyan Workfront
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 5
Here are the "https://docs.google.com/document/d/12DbWvdvcKA2HWsug7PjKunsSRgfP4XOSzcNuoQy6L0Y/edit?usp=sharing">setup instructions for the new integration. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or comments. Hayk Falakyan Workfront

Level 8
Hi Hayk, I installed this for testing yesterday, and it works great on Adobe Photoshop v19.1.6. Last week there was a Photoshop update to v20.0 (I have both installed now), and the Workfront extension does not show up on the menu. Any tips to get it to show up on there? I had v20.0 installed before I went through the whole extension install process. Old version: New version (Workfront is missing) Adina Pierce Cisco

Level 5
Hi Adina. Thanks for trying out the extension! I've attached a new build to this message, please uninstall the previous one with the Extension Manager and try the attached version. It works fine on my Mac with PS v20.0. Did you have the chance to collect/note down any feedback about it? I'm really interested in hearing about your experience with the new version. Thank you! "https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qPYhmoLq4mMnxK1lmtQJzdll_V1FwXqQ/view?usp=sharing"> New build Hayk Falakyan Workfront

Level 8
That worked! Thanks, Hayk. I'll do more testing and give my feedback next week. Adina

Level 8

Hayk, I'm testing with InDesign and running into a couple of errors. The first test run worked great, I was able to connect Workfront and InDesign, I exported a PDF of my document and it posted it into the Documents folder in my project. However, I wanted to record the steps so I started over and that's when I started receiving errors. I used the same InDesign file, but deleted the PDF out of Workfront. I logged out of the plug-in so I could show in my video how to log in. When I logged back in, I got the error message, "Cannot access the associated Workfront document. It might have been deleted, or you might not have permission to access it. Talk to your system administrator or choose a new destination." Since I deleted the PDF from Workfront, I figured this was the issue, so I clicked OK and moved on. Next, I tried exporting another PDF using the same settings (Adobe PDF Print (pdf)) and I kept the document the same as my original since I deleted it from Workfront. I clicked Export and received the message, "Error: Cannot save to the file "tempExport.pdf", because it is already open. I tried changing my document name (didn't work) and my PDF type to Interactive (it didn't work either). I closed my InDesign document and created a new one. When attempting to export again, I received the same error about the file already being open. I quit InDesign and relaunched. I created a new file. It exported fine. I made a change to my document, saved and tried to export again and I received the same error message that the file was already open. Is there a bug that isn't allowing a user to export multiple PDFs in the same session? I'm attaching a video of my steps and the error message. Wendy White AmeriCredit Financial Services, Inc. dba GM Financial0690z000007Zi8aAAC.png

Level 5
Hi Wendy. Thank you for your great feedback and especially the video; I wish all our feedbacks and issue reports were that much detailed. The first warning dialogue you see is indeed because of the deleted Workfront doc. When the CC extension exports a file to Workfront, it also retains the Workfront document info in the original file - so next time you open the same file it will offer you to export a new version over the existing doc. Since you deleted the Workfront doc, the extension couldn't find a correct upload destination, hence the error. Now, the second one is a real issue. We've already found its root cause and we're working on a fix. It shouldn't take long - a couple of days, I think. I'll let you know when we update the extension in AdobeExchange. Thank you again! Hayk Falakyan Workfront

Level 8
Thank you for the update, Hayk! I'm looking forward to trying the updated extension. Regards, Wendy "https://gmfinancialus.my.workfront.com/requests?activeTab=tab-new-helpRequest&projectID=56b25ece0051992df7ffc9b1cb3145c9&path="> Link to WF Support Queue Wendy White Project Administration Manager 801 Cherry Street | Fort Worth, TX 76102 (w) 817-302-7535 | ( c ) 214-213-5774 Wendy.White@gmfinancial.com