Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Work on It Button

Level 10
Hi I'd like to be able to see if people have clicked the Work On It for their tasks. My implementation manager told me that I could tell when the Task Status moves to "In Progress" BUT when I tested this, the Task Status stays New. So either 1)there is another state the Task has to be in to make it In Progress, 2) we are doing something wrong, or 3) the implementation manager is wrong. Here is a screenshot of an example. Is there a Field for a Report or View that I could look at to see if Tasks are being "worked on?" Jill Ackerman
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Jill, I recommend using the "Assignment and Status" field on your task reports and/or views. This field shows you all the people on the task and then lets you know if it is still just a request for them (Requested), if they have committed to working on it (Working), or if they have hit Done with My Part (Done). Our PMs really like this because if someone says "Requested" then they know they definitely need to follow up with them as they probably haven't even seen the task yet. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
By the way, this field is also available on its own under Assignment as "Status". We use reports that group by assignment status, or color code cells to draw our eyes to what's going on (or not going on) -skye