Expand my Community achievements bar.

Why is my completed task waiting on another completed task?

Level 3
I have a task (Design/Build/Test) in a project that says that it is waiting on another completed task (Concept). It says this on the Updates tab of the Design/Build/Test task. Concept task is at 100%, and so is Design/Build/Test task. So why is Design/Build/Test waiting on Concept? Any help would be appreciated. See uploaded screenshots. Dave Rulon Great Dane Savannah, GA 912-644-2452
3 Replies

Level 10
hi Dave, I think that line is always there (I think it always says "waiting on" and doesn't change)--just a way of saying that Concept is the predecessor. -skye

Level 3
Thanks for the reply Skye. So do you think it might be Workfront's way of showing predecessor relationships? Thanks again. Dave Dave Rulon Great Dane Savannah, GA 912-644-2452

Level 10
That's correct. "This task is waiting on" basically means "here's the predecessor" and "tasks waiting on" basically means "here are the successors". Those text lines don't change, and the little green circles don't color in when stuff is done or not done. The intent was just to show you predecessor and successors in the task landing page. That whole area is pretty static except for having links up and down the task stream. -skye