Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Why do proofs get archived?

Level 7
We use proofing within Workfront and there is no obvious benefit to having proofs archive. I understand they are archived automatically after 60 days of inactivity and can easily be unarchived by any of our users/roles. And yet, they still count towards storage limits. I'm simply curious as to the reasoning behind it. Thanks! Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
I had always assumed it was to help improve performance? Honestly I wish it could be tied to project completion (e.g. if a project is 100% complete or archived, then I would assume no need to look at proofs), as we have plenty of cases where projects are on hold for a couple of months and then all the proofs are archived by the time we're ready to start on the project again. -skye

Level 3
Skye is correct! I suspected the same thing, so I opened a support ticket a few months back inquiring about it, and this is the answer I received: "The primary benefit to it is to increase server performance (as you had expected), by automatically taking proofs that haven't been touched whatsoever in the last 60 days and moving them to a different server." Mike Perez Tailored Brands

Level 7
Okay, thank you both! Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group

Level 5
Hi Barbara, Proof archive is useful because it's a one-stop repository of what was created and approved. We use it when making the plans for next year to see what was done and what we might want to reuse. It also is very handy if you ever have questions about who exactly reviewed a proof. It answers the question "I didn't get a chance to see that before it went." Aileen Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology