Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

What best practices can you share to Agencies just starting out in Workfront?

Level 9
We'd love to continue the conversation from Birds of a Feather and keep generating an amazing knowledge base. I'll be posting here every few days with a new question to get your thoughts. Today question: What best practices can you share with Agencies just starting out in Workfront? -Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:
2 Replies

Level 10
This is going to be hard, but try to reduce their chances of "bypassing" Workfront. When we launch to a new business units, there are always people that will be like "Yeah, I'm having issues with this new system so can you just do this for me now?" If you allow people to continue to use other means (email, Google Docs, etc.), they will and your adoptation of Workfront will be more difficult. I highly recommend having an executive send a communication with a clear cutoff date and make sure that executives in other departments (especially creative) talk to their people about the importance of receiving, updating, and completing things in Workfront. It is hard to do because you don't want to mess with the flow of the business too much, but in the end it will be better.

Level 2
I would phase your rollout where possible and continually review and re-prioritise any future developments to ensure you are working on what is needed, rather than what people think could be useful. Training users based on their job role has worked most effectively for us. Post rollout, set up feedback sessions so that users have a forum to share their queries and provide you with suggestions for improvement.