Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

What am I missing? Timetracking on here sucks

Level 1

We are switching from  a much simpler and easier time tracking tool that had a desktop app so we just hit start/stop on whichever task were were working on as we went, with a basic drop down of all our recent/active projects and tasks.

We are all being made to start tracking our time on Workfront now instead, and there does not seem to be a desktop app, or any quick/easy stop/start process to be live-tracking time by the minute.  

Am I missing something, or is this tool just garbage for teams with 10+ projects on the go every day?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 9

Correct, there is no stop watch (start and end) feature.

For this same reason, we do not use the time tracking in Workfront for doing time studies either as we want to capture minutes and seconds and not rely on users inputting their time. We use Toggl to do our time studies.

Community Advisor

@Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore has a tool called Stopwatch that works with WF to do the start/stop functionality you're after here - https://www.atappstore.com/App/stopwatch/Default.aspx (Doug correct me if I'm wrong if this no longer is used or if anything has changed, it has been a while since I referenced this!).

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )