Expand my Community achievements bar.

🎬 [VIDEO] If you COULD Automatically Track Time in Workfront as you navigate in Workfront, WOULD you?

Level 10

Hi folks,

I don't usually post about our new solutions or features until they are officially released, but this Timetracking plea from @AngelaSt2 caught my eye today, and since we are SO close, I decided to bend my rule.

With many thanks to a forward-thinking new client for their insight, inspiration and patronage, I am delighted to share the following 2 minute "Sneak Peek" video of our new Automatic Time Tracking feature:

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1723273777161.png

Automatic Time Tracking will be available in our next Enterprise Stopwatch release, which can (already, but now even more so) improve and expand your users’ adoption of Workfront by making it simple and convenient for everyone to track time from their browser, tablet, or smart phone, as the work occurs. 

With this backstory in mind, I am curious to learn: If you COULD Automatically Track Time in Workfront as you navigate in Workfront, WOULD you?

• Reactions?
  • Pros?
  • Cons?
  • Relief?
  • Horror?
  • Interest?
  • Ideas?

Regards,

Doug

2 Replies

Level 1

This is a functionality Workfront desperately needs. Many of us are using secondary tools like toggle or in-house tools, to get actual time tracking data with stop/start, down to the minute, but then manually having to make it work for Workfronts process. However. my company specifically won't allow us to use any third party apps without prior approval, so that may be a challenge. 

Hi @AngelaSt2,

Thanks for confirming the value of this new Time Tracking functionality in your organization's case. We are deep into development now and expect to release it soon.

Good point, too: obtaining permission for third party apps is often necessary (and sometimes challenging), but as you current use of toggl confirms, Can Be Done.

In my experience, to encourage you...companies whose business sponsor can sufficiently articulate the cost benefit usually succeed at obtaining such permission, but it sometimes does take their extra commitment to do so (legal, I'm looking at you...).

To keep our costs as low as possible for all clients, we do have policies around "excessive paperwork". However, we do also offer a ~1hr  technical review meeting to allay data privacy concerns over Zoom, which in many cases is sufficient to then obtain such permission, provided the right people are in attendance.

When you're ready to discuss the latter, I invite you to email me via doug.denhoed@atappstore.com.

Regards,

Doug