Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

WF/webdam integration

Level 5
Hi There, does anyone have the workfront/webdam integration? If so- curious how you are leveraging the integration? I'm specifically interested in how I might leverage the request queue to have folks - request us to ingest photos into the DAM. So use it to send us the files, or a link to the files, perhaps fill out a form- giving us some metadata/keyword info, and then send the request and we ingest the assets into the DAM. tks Karen
4 Replies

Level 10
We have our own instance of WebDAM outside of WF. The integration is pretty simple and the only downside we face is not all metadata gets passed from WF to WebDAM (most does). Michael Lebowitz Marketing Analyst Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com< T 904-436-4240 | M 904-200-1364 Fax 904-565-6156 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy DCC 800-4-272 Jacksonville, FL 32246

Level 5
Hi Michael- we already have the integration. I'm just trying to figure out what the upside is to having it. So if you are using Webdam outside workfront- can I ask a question that is a little outside this user group? What is your workflow regarding ingesting photos? I'm trying to roll this out enterprise wide. My department is going to be the central place for photos to get ingested (for at least the first 6 months). And I'm trying to figure out the easiest way for folks to send us the photos (either zipped, or through dropbox, or ftp, or something like that) to ingest and tag.......thoughts? tks Karen

Level 10
Karen I wish I could answer that question for your but I touch the WorkFront side of the world. We don’t ingest photos into our system as our studio creates documents/videos. You might want to create a request queue in WF for consuming those pictures. Have the user fill out any metadata you need for those on the request custom form and then just take your issue and send the files with info to WebDAM. Michael Lebowitz Marketing Analyst Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com< T 904-436-4240 | M 904-200-1364 Fax 904-565-6156 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy DCC 800-4-272 Jacksonville, FL 32246

Level 3
Hi Karen, We use the WebDAM integration feature to transfer final marketing material directly from Workfront projects. Our process is pretty simple - we use WF's smart folder function to collect the final files after the designers have labelled them. The files are then transferred over to WebDAM. Benefits: Assets can be transferred directly from the corresponding project Assets are linked and accessible via the project 'Some' metadata can be mapped and transferred with the asset such as Project Name You can select and transfer multiple assets at once Concerns: As Michael mentioned, not all metadata can be transferred. I'd inquire about Keywords as this may be useful data for you to keep. In some cases we find the requestors still want to open or download the files via Workfront. Once the files have been moved to the DAM, they are no longer stored in WF. If users want to access the files via WF link, you may run into WebDAM folder permission issues We use WebDAM to store images as well but we do not use the integration for that. Let me know if you have any questions! Kat Katherine Colbourn Scotiabank