Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

WF Doesnt Load in FireFox

Level 2
Whatever new version you pushed shouldnt have passed QA. The page doesnt load in firefox. TypeError: "t.awaitingApproval.documentVersion is null" Brad Baker MMC - General
6 Replies

Level 10
@Brad Baker did you... call the helpdesk on this one? I'm also assuming you deleted your cookies and cache and all the usual browser-related troubleshooting. -skye

Level 2
Hey Brad, Just a heads up - I'm on Firefox Quantum 68.0.2 (64-bit) and WF is working fine for me *knock on wood*. I'm on a Mac though, so this may not help much if you're on a PC. Jason DAquin

Level 2
I ended up having to clear my local storage, one of their keys changed if I recall when I did the compare from incognito to my broken version. Brad Baker MMC - General

Level 10
Pretty "normal" for browser-based apps. Our digital asset manager has the same issue: newer versions, or updates to customizations, often require a very thorough cleaning of the cache before they work correctly. I am going to have to watch this when we deploy WF: do I need to broadcast after every significant update I see in Trust to avoid the cries of "it doesn't work!" in the days afterwards? Hasn't been required of the pilot users so far. :) Kevin Quosig

Level 10

I rarely clear my cache, and I often push back on the helpdesk when they tell me that's the solution (if they offer it up as a solution and I feel like my users would have to do it every day, for example, I would push back). That said, since they release patches every Wednesday, I generally feel like one of my first troubleshooting tips is to go into incognito to evaluate how useful clearing my cache would be. -skye

Level 2
I highly recommend that anybody clear their browser cache at least once a day - most software will work better if temporary files can be cleared out. Plus, it keeps users from operating in conditions where they form habits such as leaving tabs open/etc that can lead to lost work and overused bandwidth. That being said, I'd agree that clearing browser cache shouldn't be the only fix for situations that occur regularly, as many users don't even know how to clear it. It should really be used to rule out situations that could be caused by odd cache build-ups that are the result of a ton of browser activity. Clearing cache is similar to restarting a computer (which should also be done semi-regularly) - you should try it first because it might work and save you valuable time waiting on I.T. Jason DAquin