Expand my Community achievements bar.

Weird Chrome Issues

Level 10
Hi, Wondering if anyone else is having these two issues or if it is a setting on my company has set on our browser I need to get them to fix. Issue #1 - Notifications: If I have two notifications, only one appears and I have to click All Notifications to see the other. If I have more than two, it will show two but then I have to click All Notifications to see the others. I used to see like 10 notifications when clicking the icon in the app. Issue #2 - My Work Tiles: We customized our My Work tiles and it has been working fine, but not so much now. Instead of the two columns next to Planned Completion Date (because we don't like Commitment Date) displaying as two columns it shows up as one. (See attachment which shows what I see now in Chrome but what it shows in the Layout Template)
6 Replies

Level 10
I can comment on issue #1. Two PMs came to me last week, they said that their notifications list is acting funny, when they hover on the list, some notifications disappear from the list. When I've logged on as them on my computer though, it does not happen nor have I heard the same from the other PMs. I am unable to replicate the scenario on my computer nor on my other laptop so as of now, I'm thinking it may be a user's browser issue. I'd be interested to know the conclusion would be with your scenario.

Level 10
I haven't seen those two issues, but we do experience a lot of issues that Tech Support says is a browser issue. Here is my theory: 1) Chrome makes use of the Cache a great deal; 2) Chrome looses track of things sometimes and is piddling about with the Cache rather than just going back to the server and getting a new version of whatever; That manifests itself in issues that cannot be replicated on other computers (because it is brower instance dependent) and definitely cannot be replicated by WorkFront Tech Support. Tech Support tells me to clear Chrome's cache, close all browsers, and start anew. I've had a few tell me rebooting helps, too. We've begun looking at using IE, because IE doesn't seem to use cache and doesn't seem to have as many one-off bizzarro issues. Sorry I'm not helping you fix your two issues, but I'll readily commiserate with you :-)

Level 10
Hi Anthony, I can confirm that I experience exactly the same two issues you mentioned, however this occurs in both Chrome and Firefox. Re Point 1: I also would expect the Notifications list to show around 10 or so, like it used to. Re Point 2: Even though it is not the same as the Layout Template settings, I am not too worried if it shows the two right-hand columns wrapped together in one column. I actually wish you could put more over to the right in the layout template, so that it wasn't so busy on the left and therfore consume less vertical space. Regards, David

Level 2
I also have some users experiencing these issues, frustrating for some, as they only look at notifications in Workfront and have their email notifications turned off.

Level 4
Hi Anthony, We have a ticket open with Workfront on your first issue. They are working on trying to fix it but it has been at least two weeks since we reported it and we haven't heard any resolution back on it yet. Michelle

Level 3
Anthony - I see your first issue in Chrome often. I have found that if I hover over the "Notifications" bar in gray, move away, and hover again that the number of notifications change. I know it sounds a little weird but it does seem to work.