Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Weekly Project Report - Narrowing down hours

Level 2
Hi there! Maybe there a better way to do this overall but I'm essentially trying to share our scheduling grid with non-workfront users. They pretty much want to see the designers workload/design hours for the week and if they have any available hours left. I created a weekly project report that contains the following columns: Project Assigned Designer Planned Hours Planned Start Date Planned Completion Date I have a few filters but one of them helps narrow down projects to just the week: Project >Planned Start Date Less Than Equal > $$TODAYew The problem is I have a few projects that have reoccurring tasks so the planned hours are for the entire project (200+ hours). Is there a way to display planned hours for a weekly basis? These reoccurring tasks are maybe 5 hours each week. Martha Tolan Whole Foods Market, Inc
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Martha, I presume you're planning to export a report for the non-Workfront users. Assuming they just want to see the number of unassigned (i.e. available) hours per person you might even be best to do a screenshot or export from the Resource Planner which can show you the Available Hours, Planned Hours and remaining "Dif" (difference) and percent allocated. This will give you the most accurate values because it takes into consideration only the hours assiged for each day, regardless of the start/end dates of the tasks. If you were to go down the path of writing your own report you are going to run into inaccuracies if you have tasks which span between weeks. If all of your tasks only stay within one calendar week then you should be OK proceed with an Assignment Report. It would be best to filter it based on task planned start date greater than or equal to $$TODAYbw and task planned completion date less than or equal to $$TODAYew. If your people also work on Issues then you would need to add similar filter conditions for those. You'd then want to use matrix groupings to group by Assigned to Name (and possibly by Project if you want that). You'd need to set the Assignment 'Planned Hours' field to SUM then you should be done basically. Hope that helps. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 2
Oh yes! I forgot about the resource planner because we've just been using the scheduler. We never really had a reason to use the resource planner but it looks like maybe now's our chance. I think I would rather try this tool out over forcing a report to do the same thing. Thanks for your help! Martha Tolan Whole Foods Market, Inc