Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using shared Box account with Workfront

Level 2
We are testing the Box integration as a possible document management improvement to how we use Workfront. We'd like to limit the use of Box to a shared Box account that we'll create for our department, as opposed to using our individual accounts. Reasoning: when someone leaves the company, their Box account is deactivated which result in lost project work if it wasn't downloaded to the project space. Since we are not the only department that uses Workfront, what we are thinking to do is: Create a top-level 'projects' group Box account Create department-level folders and share this with the entire department Create project-level folders under the department folders that we'd attach to the project when creating it in Workfront (we highly restrict project creation at this point) Some potential roadbumps we see are: Department users would need to give project users permissions to the project folder in Box so that they can access the files (Workfront doesn't give permissions to the files automatically from my understanding?) Not knowing if we'll need to give department users the login information (username and password) of the shared Box account/ Is anyone else using a shared/group Box account with Workfront? If so, I'd be interested to hear about any challenges or lessons learned. Thanks!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies