Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Using Request Queue for System Access Requests ~ Approvals

Level 10
I was wondering if anyone on this board uses the request queue for high volume access type requests where managers needs to approve requests and where there are over 100 managers (users) from different areas. If so, how did you go about the setup request queue setup, queue topics setup and routing rules. One approach I had was to create queue topics that consist of manager names and from there create a routing rule when manager was selected from Request Queue it would be directly routed to them. Problem here is the creation of over 100 queue topics and various project folders. Any other ideas? Thank you.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 7
To make sure I understand, you have about 100 managers in Workfront. You have a request queue where people can submit a request, and you want that request to be routed to the appropriate manager (and the user submitting the request knows which manager to select (it's their own manager I assume). What you've suggested, setting up a queue topic for each manager, and assigning a routing rule for each), I think is the way to go. I'm not sure what you mean by "various project folders" as a problem. Like you said though, you would have to create over 100 queue topics, but is the issue just the time in doing that?

Level 10
Thank you, Greg! That is what I figured. I think the best solution is to revisit our current process of handling these types of request and create solutions/modifications that will allow the utliziation of Workfront. Creating queue topics for each manager would be quite laborious when it comes to maintenance.