Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Using Project Based Collections on a Task Report

Level 2
I'm trying to create a collection in a task report that shows all video editors on that task's project. Basically, I've been asked to show one task "Internal Review and Approval" and that's assigned to a production team. They want to see, on that line the video editors assigned to that project. I can do this on a project report with the following code but can't in a task report... displayname=Video Assignee listdelimiter=
listmethod=nested(projectUserRoles).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("Video",{user}.{role}.{name}),{user}.{name}) valueformat=HTML Is it even possible? Malcom Benites Zimmerman Advertising LLC
6 Replies

Level 2
Hi Malcom, Try that: displayname= Video Assignee listdelimiter=
listmethod=nested(projectUserRoles).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS(" Video ",{role}.{name})=true,{user}.{name}) valueformat=HTML It worked for me - with a different user role name üòâ - and it is actually a very interesting code I will probably use on some of my reports. Thanks, Yannick Yannick Seifert WebMD

Level 2
Unfortunately, that didn't work for me either. Was it a project report where it worked for you? Because in a project report it works great. It's when I use that code in a task report where it fails. I'm not sure it's even possible. Lol. Malcom Benites Zimmerman Advertising LLC

Level 9
Hi, Malcolm. Unfortunately, I think Workfront only allows you to build collections for the object on which the report is based. I.e., if it's a task report, you can build only task-based collections. If it's a project report, you can build only project-based collections. If anyone has had success building collections for a DIFFERENT object, I'd love to hear about it. Lots of applications for that functionality! ~Eric Eric Manning Language Line Translation Solutions

Level 10
Hi guys, I used to think that there was this limitation, but there isn't. I can't remember who on the community passed on this tip, but here you go! The important piece which was missing is the bit in red text. That's all you need in order to reference the collection on the related object. displayname=Video Assignee listdelimiter=
listmethod=nested( project. projectUserRoles).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("Video",{role}.{name})=true,{user}.{name}) valueformat=HTML Enjoy all the possibilities.... Regards, David Cornwell

Level 2
Yas! David, that was the answer to all my questions. This totally worked. I remember now seeing that code somewhere but I couldn't for the life of me remember where it was! I searched all over old notes, my notes from Leap, I watched maybe 3 videos on Collections and advanced reporting. Thanks again to everyone who chipped in. Have a great one. Malcom Benites Zimmerman Advertising LLC

Level 10
Glad to hear! Cheers David Cornwell